There's a Radio in my Head

Friday, February 24, 2006

Metrics, Usability & Analytics Day

Today is an "extra" conference day I signed up for. The sessions focus on the topic above. I've learned that when people here refer to "usability," they usually refer to site metrics (with the idea being that if the numbers are good, then usability must be good - this is somewhat flawed logic). Actual user experience testing seems to take a back seat to what the numbers say, so much so that user testing hasn't been mentioned except in passing. I anticipate the day to be all about the numbers.

At the end of the session, there's a set of roundtable discussions. I hope to participate in the one that will be led by an executive from Omniture, an analytics provider we're considering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home