There's a Radio in my Head

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Live from the Left Coast

I arrived in LA yesterday, after a long flight from CHO via Atlanta.

Albert Hammond nailed it. It never rains here, it pours. I awoke to a torrential downpour. I'm staying with my sister for a few days, and her landlady hasn't fixed the heater here - it was 58 degrees when I got up at 6:30 (9:30 sane time).

I imagine I'll be doing some semi-tourista things until I head to the desert on Tuesday. There's not a lot you can do here without paying for it. Muesums charge admission (shocking for somebody who grew up with the Smithsonian), and there's no such thing as free parking.

After she picked me up at the airport, my sister took me to an In and Out Burger - I was famished (no lunch on the plane), and it's a SoCal landmark. Awesome burger. We need one of these in C-ville. Tomorrow, we're off to Trader Joe's, which I've heard people rave about.

I'm actually out here to attend eTail 2006 this coming week in Palm Desert, CA. I'll try to blog at least daily, maybe more, to keep folks abreast of what's happening there. It's going to be pretty huge, with eCommerce retailers and vendors from all over the world. It's part training/networking event and part trade show. Apparently, it's very expensive for the vendors to participate, and I hear they can be quite aggressive.

So stay tuned if you want to catch my random thoughts about eTail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home