There's a Radio in my Head

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hollywood Tamales

This afternoon, I cruised Hollywood on foot and it was a blast. There are some pretty cool shops, and of course lots of stars. I was looking for souvenirs and cool things, and found plenty of both. There's a clothing store called Dragonfly, which is clearly positioned as the outfitter to the rock and roll performer. VERY nifty threads, not too expensive. Also stopped in at themost outrageous costume shop I've ever imagined - not your typical Halloween party type of costumes, but theatrical costumes, wigs, and props.

Ate lunch at a real hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant that had food that made my eyes water it was so tasty.

In the late afternoon, I walked around Venice's canal district, checking out the properties, flora, and fauna. Years ago, some kind soul decided to protect and feed ducks there, so now there are ducks of all colors all over the place, and they have zero fear of humans. It's actually weird, but there you go. Said sayonara to the sun at the beach near Marina del Ray.

My sister took me to dinner at the Border Grill, which is owned and operated by the "Two Hot Tamales" of Food Netword fame. If there's such a thing as haute Mexican cuisine, this is it. Everything from the decor to the music to the service to the chips and creamy salsa (mmmmmm) and the entrees was just about perfect. It was simply superb in all respects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home